ASM Clinical Microbiology Travel Award
The aim of this award is to encourage ASM members working in the field of clinical microbiology to attend the annual scientific meeting of the Australian Society for Microbiology.
- be a member of the ASM of twelve (12) months standing at the time of application
- be employed fulltime, part time or sessionally
Applications must include:
- a curriculum vitae
- Be employed part time or full time. (Sessional unlikely to qualify for this award)
- a letter of recommendation from the supervisor of the applicant confirming involvement in and commitment to innovation in diagnostic practices
- the names and addresses (including email addresses) of two (2) referees
- a brief synopsis of the applicants area of interest in diagnostic practices and how attending the meeting will further your career
Conditions of the Award
The synopsis would provide the basis for a poster presentation or participation in a session organised by the Division 1 at the ASM Annual Scientific Meeting.
The award consists of up to $1,000 in travel expenses for the recipient to attend the ASM Annual Scientific Meeting.
The award will be made on merit and will be determined by the Executive Committee.
Download an application form here
Applications should be sent to the National Office Manager (email@example.com)
Closing date for applications: 31 March of any year
Acknowledgement: An acknowledgement will be emailed within 5 business days of receiving your application - if this has not been received, please contact the ASM National Office - Tel: 1300 656 423
Pei Vern Fong, Monash Health, VIC