ASM Lyn Gilbert Award
The purpose of this award is to recognise major contributions in any area of diagnostic laboratory microbiology in Australia or internationally by ASM members/fellows.
- have been a member of the society in any category for at least two years and must currently be a MASM or FASM
- have made a major contribution to the advancement of diagnostic laboratory microbiology in Australia or internationally as evidenced by their peers and/or through publication or patent.
Applications must include:
- a curriculum vitae (including a list of publications)
- a one to two page summary of contribution to diagnostic laboratory microbiology in Australia or internationally
- a brief statement addressing the essential selection criteria
- the names and addresses (including email addresses) of two (2) referees
Conditions of the Award
- Applicants need to show that their contribution was made while substantially based in Australia.
- Winner to present in an appropriate symposium at the ASM Annual Scientific Meeting.
The award will be made on merit. The award committee will consist of the ASM President, Immediate Past President, President Elect and a nominee from the Ed SIG.
The award consists of:
- a plaque given at the ASM Awards Ceremony at the Annual Scientific Meeting
- a $1,000 cash prize
- full ASM Annual Scientific Meeting registration
- return economy flights
- up to 3 nights accommodation
Download an application form here
Applications should be sent to the National Office Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Closing Date for applications: 31 March of any year.
Acknowledgement: An acknowledgement will be emailed within 5 business days of receiving your application - if this has not been received, please contact the ASM National Office - Tel: 1300 656 423
Previous Award Winners
David Whiley, QLD
David Smith, WA