Dianne Rafferty is the scientist in charge of the CDS Reference Laboratory. This special interest group was formed to support the role of the CDS Reference Laboratory which includes:
- Calibration of new antibiotics for use with the CDS method.
- The review/modification of current tests to ensure the CDS method can detect emerging mechanisms of resistance.
- Preparation of Newsletters to inform CDS Users of additions and modifications to the method.
- Provision to CDS Users of reference organisms used in quality assurance.
- Conduct Workshops at annual meetings of the Australian Society for Microbiology (ASM).
- Provide advice in regard to the appropriate interpretation of antibiotic susceptibility tests performed according to the CDS method to the Quality Assurance Program conducted by The Royal College of Pathologists of Australasia.
We welcome members with an interest in Antimicrobial Susceptibility Testing.
- The CDS Reference Laboratory
Department of Microbiology
NSW Health Pathology
St. George Hospital
Kogarah NSW 2217
Tel: (02) 9113 3346
Fax: (02) 9113 3349