ASM Communication Ambassador Program
Applications for ASM Communication Ambassador Program now open:
The ASM is looking for teams of members to volunteer as part of a roster of Communication Ambassadors within the society, who will:
- Be in charge of ASM’s online communication channels together with a team of ASM members, bolstering the society’s networks by sharing your story with scientists, industry, media members, policy makers, and institutions.
- Effectively represent the society by using these channels to showcase your work, reveal personal insights into your scientific career, and serve as a public advocate for microbiology
We are looking for enthusiastic members who are keen to contribute - past communication ambassadors are eligible to apply. To apply for the 2017 program, please submit an Expression of Interest (maximum 200 words) to email@example.com by COB on Friday 23rd of February 2018 and highlight the following:
- Your name, institution, qualifications, area of interest within microbiology, and ASM membership status;
- Your strategy for broadening ASM’s online presence and collaborating with other communication ambassadors;
- What conferences, scientific meetings, or events you can provide social media coverage for in 2018. We strongly encourage communication ambassadors to attend ASM scientific meetings.
Successful applicants for the 2018 Communication Ambassador program will be notified by email, and receive a $100 discount for full-conference registration to the following meetings:
- The 2018 ASM Annual Scientific Meeting (1-4 July 2018, Brisbane Convention Centre, QLD).
- additional meetings to be added